Saturday, September 10, 2011

SHOPPING - Love at First Sight


(Alexander Wang Aviator Tailcoat w/ Mink Collar)


(Alexander Wang Fall 2011)

It was my dear friend's birthday this week (Happy Birthday Irene!) and I went shopping for her birthday gift yesterday.  I knew exactly what I was looking for (a pair of Marc Jacobs gold aviator sunglasses) so it was a quick in and out at Holt Renfew.  Except I didn't know it was going to be so quick that I still had 15 mins to kill...what to do?  Go check out the new winter coats on the second floor!

I was really hoping to find something from Burberry Prorsum, but nothing.  Then tried two fur coats at Marni...beautiful but nothing substantially different from the row of coats in my closet (I'm not really needing a coat but rather itching for a new coat).  And just like that, from afar, I saw something intriguing.  I couldn't really see the tags, just the size tag "XS". 

- "May I try this?" I asked hesitantly.
- "Of course!"

The sales unlocked the security wire and helped me slip in.

- "It's nice right?", she suggested.
- "WOW!!! It's sick!  When did you guys receive this?  Oh...it's Alexander Wang's runway collection?  This is really sick!!!"

She smiled and was probably wondering if I was going to think about it.

- "OK, I'll take it!  Quickly!  Take my Amex before I change my mind!!"

So I came home with the biggest smile on my face knowing I can now face winter with open arms and a new aviator tailcoat in black leather/wool/nylon combo with mink removable collar.

4 comments:

  1. That is a KILLER coat. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it on! We wanna to see it on u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This coat looks phenomenal. Can't wait to see it on!

    http://xjole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. e.lu, ok, I'll try it on sometimes this week but it might be another self-portrait in the mirror!

    ReplyDelete