Saturday, October 15, 2011
I am full aware that I don't ooze the kind of sex appeal as the Angelia Jolie or the Beyonce Knowles of this world...I don't even bother trying! And that's also why the full-on cat eye makeup don't suit my small asian eyes. With small features, the kitten eye makeup is a softer and more flattering version that will not overwhelm my face.
Here's what we need:
* Black pencil eyeliner – Ensure that it is sharp.
* Black liquid or gel eyeliner - Gel is easier if you don't have a steady hand.
* Ultra-thin eyeliner brush.
* Eyeshadow brush.
* Dark eye shadow. I prefer irridescent rather than matt (too hard), or shiny (too messy).
* Highlighter for under the eyebrow.
* Eyelash curler.
* Black mascara - Blackest black if possible!
And here how the kitten eye is done:
1. Using your black eyeliner pencil, begin from the front corner of your eyelid. Draw a soft smudge line to the end of your lash line.
2. Use your eyeshadow brush to apply the dark eye shadow over the top of the smudged line for a soft smoky look. Ensure that the edges are neatly blended.
3. Then take the ultra-thin eyeliner brush with gel or liquid eyeliner and apply as close to your lashes as you can on the top lid only. Don't make the line too thick and winged out slightly without passing the end of your lid crease.
4. Apply another smoky coat of eye shadow with the brush to blend the harsh edges. Then apply a shimmery highlight in white or cream under the outside corner of your eyebrow.
5. Curl your eyelashes, then apply three coats of mascara, building the layers up gradually to avoid clumping.
And voila! That's how we do the flirty kitten eyes!
Posted by Janet at 11:55 AM