Thursday, August 18, 2011

MAISON MICHEL - Master Hatmaker








(Maison Michel Ready-to-Wear Fall/Winter 2011)

As seen on celebrities likes the Olsen twins, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Rachel Bilson and Mila Jovovich just to name a few, Maison Michel Paris hats are as much as a headpiece as a piece of art on its own.

I've long been a hat-lover (it instantly changes the mood and attitude) and took the habit of buying hats every season, following the tradition of my mother.  As a young girl, I was always fascinated by her devotion to hats as she explained to me how it keeps her warm and acts as a fashion statement.  And just like that, I've started to collect hats since I was 16.  

I still remember my first being purchased at Ogilvy, a local high-end department store in Montreal, during their winter semi-annual sale.  Ogilvy had two walls full of fantasy hats with feathers and lace, the kind that we would only see on the Royal Family.  Now, I have a mix of high and low end hats...and for all weather.

However, I can sure use a lace head piece like the second to last one modeled by Sasha Pivovarova!

No comments:

Post a Comment