Monday, September 3, 2012

SHANGHAI RESTAURANT WEEK - el Willy









It's Shanghai Restaurant Week again (Sept 3-9th inclusively)!!!  And our first stop is El Willy, a widely popular Spanish restaurant that delivers traditional and contemporary tapas.

Don't worry...although I'm suppose to be eating for 2, I didn't actually devour all those dishes by myself!  It was all shared between hubby and I.

Here's what we had:

  • Gazpacho "Andaluz" each (not in picture)
  • 21 st century Russian salad
  • Latin style seafood ceviche,wrapped in rice paper with mango and Coriander
  • "Nido" served in brioche with tomato and sobrasada slow cooked egg
  • Patatas pannadera, romesco, roasted peppers and confit tomatoes slow cooked egg
  • "Zarzuela de marisco" with toasted garlic bread
  • Confit, lightly smoked chicken thigh with orange rice
  • Sexy dessert each (not in picture)
Sounds like a lot but due to tapas-size portions, I think my hubby was left still craving for a burger!?!   Well, I guess we can't really complain given the RMB 118 fixe price lunch menu (just under $20...and don't forget there's no tax nor tips here in China!).

2 comments:

  1. OMG the food looks amazing! Restaurant week here is not nearly as good. I'm so jealous. And curious....what does a 21st century Russian Salad look like?

    xx
    http://www.sophisticatedlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. to my surprise, the salad is that first picture...when the waiter brought it to me, I thought it was a dessert!!!

    ReplyDelete