Friday, September 7, 2012

SHANGHAI RESTAURANT WEEK - Bon Vivant









Last stop of the Shanghai Restaurant Week fine dining marathon is Bon Vivant by celebrity chef Justin Quek.  This modern French cuisine with Asian twist offers exactly what I was craving for.  

Here's what we had:

  • Duck confit salad with green apple and chopped hazelnut X 2
  • Grilled beef tenderloin with seasonal vegetable black pepper sauce
  • Singapore king prawn laksa
  • Opera cake
  • Hazelnut mousse with caramel ice cream
  • Americano coffee
I have to admit that I was also tempted to try their signature foie gras xiao long bao (steamed dumplings), but was craving for a light, crispy salad with duck.  And what a choice: the added hazelnut and green apple slices with just the right ratio of salad/dressing made this starter so appetizing!

Both mine and hubby's main dish were perfectly cooked and seasoned.  I think a little more, I would have licked my bowl...And our desserts ended our meal and the restaurant week on a sweet note!

No comments:

Post a Comment