Thursday, February 28, 2013

READY FOR YOUR CLOSE-UP?


(NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder) 


(NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder)


I'm due for a new setting powder and really want to try the new Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder. I've always preferred translucent over pigmented powder as I mainly use it to set my concealer.  With the new Photo/HD/whatever-you-want-to-call-it technology in skin colour makeup, I think it's about time to upgrade my setting powder!

Over the years, I have been loyal to Laura Mercier's Loose Setting Powder in Translucent or Bobbi Brown's Sheer Finish Loose Powder in Pale Yellow, which were both recommended to me as "invisible" colour...at the time.  Well, I must admit Laura Mercier's version was far more invisible but I was still able to see the powder setting into my fine-lines around my eyes instead of just setting my concealer.

Back to Nars: I've only heard and read good reviews about the new powder and since the brand itself has never let me down.

"Enhances the look of foundation without a trace of color and prolongs makeup wear. This invisible silky powder is infused with Photochromic Technology to diffuse light and adjust to new sources of light throughout the day. Fine lines, wrinkles and pores optically fade as skin is visibly smoothed. Soft, silky and luxurious to the touch, this weightless formula applies evenly and blends effortlessly. Ideal for touch-ups, it helps regulate shine and seamlessly sets foundation.Paraben-free. Fragrance-free. Non-Comedogenic."

Sounds pretty good to me!  Now, the only remaining question is loose or pressed?  On a practical side, pressed seems sleeker and more travel friendly.  But I've only used loose in the past!  And from reviews I've read, the loose version is apparently more mattifying, which might work better in the 100% humidity Asian weather.  Maybe it's time for me to just do a trip to my nearest Sephora and solve the mystery in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment