Wednesday, March 16, 2011
DIY Harness Belt
It's been a long time since my last DIY and this is an overdue project I had in mind almost two years ago. The original idea was more provocative, almost S&M, with black leather belt and silver chains. But given that I'm now a mother of 7 months old baby, I went with a softer interpretation.
Here's what I used:
- 2 identical gold chain necklaces
- 1 brown leather belt (skinny enough so I didn't need extra tools to attach to chain necklaces)
And here's how I did it myself:
- Lay both necklaces flat parallele to each other
- Attach the end of the first necklace to the middle of the belt
- Attach the end of the second necklace to the middle of the belt as closely as possible to first
- Using the two ends of the belt, pass them through the opposite end of both necklaces
- Adjust the lenght of belt on myself
- Braid the ends of leather belt to chain necklace
And voila! It's best worn with a simple t-shirt or dress to show off the harness belt.
*sorry I don't have step by step pictures as my DIY was spontaneous and I didn't want to undo my belt.
Posted by Janet at 4:26 PM