Thursday, October 28, 2010

LET TAKE A MINUTE...

...to talk about shoes!  I LOVE SHOES.  I love heels, I love fats.  I love them neutral, I love them colourful.  I love statement-makers, I love shy basics.  love to buy shoes when I feel fat and depressed, I love to buy shoes when I need to celebrate a memorable occasion.

It was a debate wether I love shoes more or I love purses more.  But I come to realize that I cannot live without shoes (unless if I move to a beach-front resort).  I mean the shoes are part of my sillouette.  Heels (4" & up please) elongate my legs and give me a better posture! 

Having collected as many pairs as  I have donated to the Salvation Army over the past 15 years (I'm an early bloomer), I now have a better understanding of what suit me and my lifestyle best.  Here are my rules regardless how much of a "deal" it seems:
  • Never buy shoes that don't fit - there's nothing uglier than shoes that are too big or too small (and let's not forget the possible injuries involved)
  • Never buy cheap-looking shoes - this is hard to describe but you just know when they look "cheap"
  • Never buy shoes that are not comfortable at the store - they're not going to get better after 3 hrs of walking in them!!
  • Never buy shoes if I can't think of a single occasion that I can wear them (unless they are collectables)
Here are some of my current favorites:




from top row left to right:

Hermes, Louboutin, Hermes, Le Pepe, Miu Miu, Modern Vintage, Modern Vintage, Alaia
Stella McCartney, Gucci, Hermes, Modern Vintage, Modern Vintage, Zara, Stella, Zara
Louboutin, Louboutin, Stella McCartney, Rebel, Tahari, Belle by Sigerson Morrison, Converse, Converse

No comments:

Post a Comment